Laminate floors are often chosen over other flooring forms because they are extremely durable and easy to maintain. However, when it comes to flooring, there's a huge selection on the market. Here, we'll cover some pros and cons of this popular flooring choice.
Casa Carpet, Tile, & Wood is proud to be El Paso’s source for wholesale flooring. Visit or call us today to see what we have to offer!
What is Laminate Flooring?Laminate flooring is a great alternative to traditional hardwood and ceramic tile flooring. Laminate combines the look, feel, and durability of hardwood with the low maintenance and cost-effectiveness of vinyl. It comprises several layers of glued-together plastic tiles with a thin layer of glue between each tile.
Because laminate has no exposed wood to chip or crack, it are much easier to clean than other floors. The glue used when installing this flooring is more durable than that used in other types of flooring. It also does not require refinishing as often as other types of flooring.
Pros of Laminate Flooring
- More affordable than other flooring types. This option can save you a lot of money if you’re looking for a low-cost way to update your home.
- Easy to install. Due to its ease of installation, laminate is the ultimate “do-it-yourself” flooring choice. This may be especially helpful if you’re not a handyman or don’t have much experience with DIY projects. It also comes in many different styles and colors, so there’s no shortage of options for how your room will look once you install your new laminate floors!
- Resistant to damage. Laminate floors are made from composite materials that are very strong. They also have a high gloss finish that will keep your room looking pristine for years to come.
- Can be installed on almost any surface. You read that right! Surfaces include concrete, tile, and wood (if sanded down). This makes laminate versatile enough to work with any interior design scheme you might have in mind.
- Eco-friendly. Since it doesn't contain harmful chemicals like vinyl or other types of hardwood floors do, laminate is an incredible eco-friendly option for homeowners.
This is an attractive option when looking for green ways to improve the look of your home without spending too much money on new furniture or other items that would impact the environment negatively.
Cons of Laminate Flooring
- Appearance. Laminate flooring can appear dull and flat to some. Compared to other flooring materials—like hardwood or porcelain—laminate may not be very durable. As such, you may have to replace it more often than other types of floors.
- Resale value. Laminate flooring may not retain its value as well as other, more expensive types of floors. You may have to replace it sooner rather than later if you decide to sell your home.
- Repair costs. Because laminate flooring is relatively cheap to install (compared to other types), it requires more maintenance, which can add up over time! This is especially true if you have pets or kids who regularly like to rough house with toys around the house.
How to Clean Laminate FlooringNow that you know the benefits and downsides of laminate flooring, we’d like to review the best ways to keep your future flooring as good as new.
In fact, cleaning laminate flooring is easier than you think! Here are some simple steps to help protect your floors from damage.
- Clean the surface of the floor before you begin. This can be done by using a damp mop or cloth that has been drenched in warm water and detergent. Wipe up any spills as soon as they occur, then allow the area to dry completely before continuing your cleaning process.
- Remove any dirt or debris that may have collected underneath rugs or carpets, then vacuum it up and dispose of it properly so that it doesn't end up in the landfill or on your lawn.
- Use warm water and mild soap (or dishwashing liquid) to clean the floor thoroughly at least once per week, but more often if necessary (depending on how dirty your laminate is). Rinse any remaining soap residue with clean water after every cleaning session to prevent build-up and mold growth on your flooring surfaces over time.
Choose Us as Your Laminate Flooring Source in El Paso!If you have decided to use laminate flooring to replace your current flooring or carpet, you deserve the best value that will give you a quality product that will last.
Reach out to Casa Carpet, Tile & Wood Wholesale Distributors for the best quality floors in the El Paso area!